Wednesday, March 30, 2011

HB Crutches

Opener: 500x template
5 emails total (2 her/3 me)
She responded to the 500x email with
 “love your profile - i'm looking for exactly the same thing. i like to start off with absolutely no pressure / lets be friends and if that leads to random cuddling - great! if that leads to something more - even better! so yes, i'm aboard that train of casualness”
Since she was clearly on board with the “friends first mentality”, she had her B shield down and I felt confident that I would number close. I used the “normal enough” closer and she shot me a text the next morning.
I think its important to be empathetic and definitely convey emotions via email. What I hate about text/email is that its so emotionless. You could never tell if someone is upset or if SOMEONE IS UPSET. I’m not advising to put your emails in all caps but be weary of sounding like an asshole when playfully teasing. She mentioned she recently has surgery and that’s why it took her days to respond. Empathetically, I put myself in her shoes and tried to imagine how much it would suck.
Lesson learned: Be nice, its pays off sometimes…
We met at Lion’s Head pub for a couple of drinks on St.Pattys. SIDE NOTE: As I walk into the bar on the biggest drinking night of the year, it was empty. Seriously. As two servers approached me, I asked them if they were closed because I was shocked nobody was there. I took a half day at my internship for this?
HB Crutches shows up in…crutches! But she is completely decked out in Irish gear. It was quite comical to hear people in the street yell, “What a trooper! Shes a keeper dude!”.
Since it was the first day of March Madness, it was hard to pay attention to anything she was saying! I use my grounding story to lead the conversation and we take it from there. So something that I did remember while watching Louville get spanked was that shes on a semi professional football team, The Chicago Force. In my best McLovin impression, I tell myself, "I have a boner". After talking about how she tore her ACL and how she abrutely quit her job because she was tired of it, she steered the conversation towards career goals/ambitions and travel. Fun stuff to talk about...
Something that Sinn always says is a good indicator of success in the interaction is movement and compliance. I suggest we go to another bar to meet my friend. She agreed but my friend bailing on me .Great. We head over to a pizza joint and grab a slice and kill some time. She offered to go grab a movie but honestly, I wanted to get my drink on with friends in the burbs. We part ways and date was successful?
This was my first date off of match since I decided to go out and go HARD. I didn’t do any kino [touching] or make the conversation sexual. I was too much of a friend.
Lesson learned: F it. Go hard or go home. I know she’ll invite me out to hangout but its going to take some game to break through that friendship role I put myself into.
[I’m ass backwards and didn’t post this first. This was about 2 weeks ago. Initially, she didn’t respond to my follow up text messages but shes been extremely receptive. She’s invited me out a couple of times. Seems like this is going to take some work.]

No comments:

Post a Comment