Saturday, April 9, 2011

Look Mah, No Plans

Cool points if you get that pop culture reference.

 I hate nights like Friday for the same reasons I LOVE them. Nothing worse than trying to balance a cup of coffee, paperwork and text while while sitting in a packed EL train. Somehow, I was managing some good text game with HB Dougie, Orlando and an old fling, Cats [Yes, shes the future cat lady]. Clear example of how translation can be lost be via:

HB Cats: Done with you paper yet?

 CC: I can use a break, a stress reliever. What r u up 2?

 HB Cats: When do you need a break? I'm available now. Where R U?
CC:  I'm on the L, running some errands

HB Cats:  What we doing / Where we going / Which color / So what am I doing?

She basically thought I was down to hangout NOW. Yes, because I'm waiting on standby for your biyearly text message. She then said she was going to the gym since our plans were a bust and she said, "I'll just get hot and sweaty on the treadmill". Yeah, shes DTF.

HB Orlando flaked on me, yet again. She lives an hour away from the city and she couldn't convince her friends to come to Chicago for the night....She then sent me a text message at 10PM asking me to come over. Again, DTF...

 I'm hanging out with HB Dougie tonight (Saturday). I think I may have got her to sleep over via the following text:
CC: I need you to pack a couple of things for tomorrow, ready? Bring a bag, some crayons-its Ok if its not the 64 count box, a ruler, some markers and the most important thing...a change of clothes for Sunday.

 She agreed and asked me what the art supplies were for. I did some call back humor and told her, "so you can draw me that picture of a dinosaur that you promised me"

TEXT FROM EARLIER IN THE WEEK: "Whats shaking? Bored? I think you should draw me a picture today...I've always liked dinosaurs". I'll keep you posted on how tonight goes...

with planning on staying home and doing some homework when my trusted wing, Marky Mark tells me he canceled his plans with some chick who was driving him nuts [NO DRAMA- i like it]. We hit up a local pub by his place and I shoot HB Fashion a text that I'm en route and she should bring a friend....she came through. On the ride there, HB Nurse [another old fling] shoots me a booty call text. Annnnd This is why I hate making plans on a Friday night. Love being spontaneous but theres not enough Chicago Cheeco to go around.

 So madd credit to Marky Mark. Upon HB Fashion's arrival, he was chatting her and her friend up. He had them laughing and kept HB Fashion entertained. I tried chatting up her friend but NOTHING CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH. I resorted to the "oh, so what do you do line". Wow. Really CC? all that $$$ spent on "Pick Up products" and that's all you got? Time passes by and she brings up the peace corps [I mention that I was interested], again I confirm that I'm looking into it but I don't elaborate. No idea what was wrong with me. Meanwhile, Marky Mark is attempting to dance(?)[if you're reading this, it was a valiant effort lol] with HB fashion and simply having fun. I only stay until 1AM because I have to get up early the next day. On the drive home, I was disappointed because I had the opportunity to bring out my grounding story(s) but I just couldn't put it into words. Meh, everyone has 'off 'days I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment