Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hustling and Flowing

Since I plan on being a hermit and not contributing to society for the next couple of weeks (I graduate in 4 weeks and I have to start final projects) I decided to line up some first dates with some of these chicks. I have to say, by Friday night I was pretty exhausted. I think I felt drained because one of these dates was a bust and I didn't feel like hanging out late the following day.

HB Social Worker (Tuesday)
This girl has a crazy work schedule which I dig because it keeps her busy and I don't have to entertain her via text ( i.e. HB Dougie) all day. I thought she might flake on me because we have only communicated via text. I actually scored her number off of match and she went on vacation for about a week so I thought any interest might have been lost, but i was wrong. Upon arrival back to the states, she shot me a text and we set up a date.

Since we share a common interest in careers, we spoke a lot about that. I always appreciate a girl that
isn't shy. I felt as though she led the conversation at times and I simply added parts of my grounding story to the conversation. The conversation and vibe was great throughout expect that I made the mistake of starting a tab.

1)Tabs lead to drunken nights.
2)It always takes forever to close a tab out at this bar.

Waiting to close out the tab was borderline aggravating for me and it killed a little of the vibe as we were lingering. Otherwise, it went well and I definitely plan on calling her back and meeting up. Hottie!

HB Nanny (Wednesday)
I've heard this myth that there are people who are not photogenic  yet in person are stunning. Mythbuster #78562, confirmed. HB Nanny is quite the cutie. I actually flaked on her a week ago when she forgot her phone at home and didn't respond to all my texts all day (we had a date that night). I gave her benefit of the doubt and set up this date. I thought it was strange because she was extremely receptive all week and then she went cold turkey that one day. Lesson learned, sometimes people actually have legit excuses.
So as usual, my grounding story sets the frame for the interaction for the night. We enjoy some delicious pizza/odd drinks and we set the frame/vibe for our next get together.

HB Apartment (Thursday)
Girls like HB Apartment are my "exhibit A" as to why there shouldn't be single sex schools or Christan based schools. Let me back track a bit. All week she's been flaky on meeting up. Not because she doesn't want to meet up, but just because she'll 'have too much anxiety because she'll be nervious'.
As I read her text messages I'm thinking of replying with the following text

 [HEY, listen genius...if you're going to have anxiety about meeting a person off the Internet, DON'T EFFEN SIGN UP FOR AN INTERNET DATING SITE]

So, I almost cancel on her because I just had this bad vibe off her. So, the conversation at the bar was painfully awkward, I mean...she doesn't get sarcasm/jokes and shes one of those girls who laughs whenever shes nervous #annoying. And another note, SOOO upsetting when people post pictures from years ago when they have clearly packed on a little weight. And by little weight I mean an extra 20 pounds. I was expecting black barbie and I got Jennifer Hudson, before she went on weight watchers.

HB Dougie (Friday) (Sunday)
I touched on this on a previous post but we ended up watching "Limitless". I've been using Sinn's "breaking through comfort" and its been working great. Highly recommend his program. The text message conversations start early and end late. I'm definitely creating a "me and you" vibe since we initially met.
On Sunday we end up going to the best restaurant EVER, flattop. As soon as I hop on the expressway after dropping her off, she shoots me a text telling me how much fun shes had blah blah blah. Definitely having a lot of fun with her although I have to say I'm playing it smart with her. Any other girl and I would be upset that I've seen her two weekends in a row and I haven't slept with her yet. I'm building up the sexual tension, when it happens I'm pretty sure we'll melt the paint off the walls. Its going to be awesome!

HB London (Saturday)
So its the end of the week and I find myself in another situation that I'm not even going to dare to complain about. I have too many options and I don't know who to spend my time with. I have a friend on the northside who I was suppose to hang out with on Friday but I never made it out to Wrigley. Thank you facebook for informing me why an old college classmate, HB Fashion, has been wanting to hangout recently (she recently broke up with her longtime boyfriend). She lets me know that shes going to be in Wicker Park and to make myself available. Finally, HB Social Worker lets me know shes going to be in the city and that she'll let me know where shes at.

I decide to meet up with HB London because our emails/texts were really sexual and shit, I want to get it in.We meet for drinks and shoot the shit. No grounding story here, because we're WAY past that. We've been in contact for a couple of weeks and its more about catching up and letting her tell me about her trip to London. Then...shit almost hits the fan...HB Social Worker lets me know shes in Wicker Park. I already know that HB fashion is in wicker park as well. For those of you that don't know this area, its tiny. Real tiny. Chances of running into someone are HIGH. I'm not in the mood to do any jealousy plot lines because I don't feel comfortable saying,

Me: Hey HB Social Worker! This is HB London, I met her off of match too! ...awkward!

I have good rapport with both HB Fashion and HB Social Worker, so I end up telling them that my phone is going to die and I'll catch up with them tomorrow. Again, Sinn always says "movement" is a great sign that its ON. We bounce to a couple of bars and I end up walking her back to her apartment.  We make out but doesn't invite me up. Honestly, I didn't invite myself up because I want to be in good shape for HB Dougie the following day for brunch. On the walk back to the "EL" I think I heard a car in the distance playing the theme song from Hustle and Flow  "...Its hard out here for a pimp".

Lessons Learned For The Week:
1) Don't start a tab
2) Follow you gut instinct
3) When a girl trips and falls on the street curb, be a gentleman and help her and not laugh uncontrollably like I did--HB London

No comments:

Post a Comment